9.07.2011

All About Beauty

Hi Everyone!
For the next few months I'll be writing the "All About Beauty" column for CollegeFashionista every thursday! My first post will be out tomorrow, so I wanted to do a little post about some my favorite beauty products. I hope you enjoy!


My Chanel Nail Polish collection.
It's a bit obscene.
A few of my newer colors/ obsessions for fall.
I also love Butter London, especially in this color, named 'Hen Party'.

Fresh Sugar Lip treatments, I love all colors, but Rose is my fave.
A few of my perfumes.
I wear Juicy every single day. I love it so much. Both have such fun scents.
Bond No. 9 is a favorite brand, I like 'The Scent of Peace' and 'Chelsea Flowers'
My newest additions are StellaNude by Stella McCartney, which is very soft and rosey
 and Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf, which is sortof spicy and sweet at the same time.
This tin is so cute, no? And the make-up remover is good too.
I'm obsessed with all products Bliss.
They are amazing. But if I had to recommend just one, it would be the 
baggage handler, it works wonders.
See? More Bliss!
In terms of skin make-up, I hate feeling like I have a pancake on my face.
I use YSL Touche Eclat (who doesn't? oh, you don't? what?! You simply must, every other product pales in comparison) for under my eyes. This also works wonders.
I use Bare Escentuals SPF 15 Foundation (it's a powder) to avoid that pancake-feel-and-look, 
and then highlight a bit with Stila 'Stila Sun' bronzer.
I also love Anastasia brow products, especially the powder. My brows are a bit thin, and I like to give em a nice boost by filling them in a little with this gorgeous brown powder.
I keep my eyes simple for the everyday, and just do liner and mascara.
Stila liners are fantastic,  I must say. I use their waterproof eyeliner for the top of my eye, either in black or brown ( aka 'lionfish') and then I use the convertible eye color/liner for the bottom (usually in brown, sometimes I might do gray or navy) 
In terms of Mascara, I use DiorShow, Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara, and Dejavu Fiberwing. I can't pick just one, I love all three. Fiberwing gives you the longest lashes ever, Laura Mercier volumizes and conditions (!) and DiorShow kinda does it all, but it can get clumpy (which I hate).
Also, if you don't own a Shu Uemera eyelash curler, go get one now.
The general contents of my makeup bag.

Another favorite liner! This one might take the cake- Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier pencil.
It's expensive, but so worth it. It gives the most beautiful color.
Love Nars!
 Nars duo eyeshadow in 'Brumes' is perfect for smokey eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment